Yet another confusing name change for an Eilat hotel, the former Pierre Hotel is now called the Blue Hotel. Well Pierre was a rather nonsequitor name for an Israeli beach side hotel. This is the flagship hotel of the Reef Diving Group so logically it attracts a diving crowd which makes good use of the amenities and diving opportunities nearby. The hotel is reasonably priced and comfortable although not considered one of the city’s better hotels. Depending what website you’re looking at it is sometimes listed as 2 and sometimes 3 stars.
Sporty, young, active guests create a vibrant atmosphere in the hotel and the social gatherings in the public areas are always buzzing with talk of diving, surfing and water sports. Considering the hotel’s diving connection it is too far from the water for my taste, even if you’re not a diver. Located in the middle of the city near the Eilat bus station on a side street it is closer to nightclubs and stores than the water which is a 20 minute walk away.
Amenities and facilities include LCD cable TV, minibar, A/C, free WiFi parking and complementary toiletries. There is a picturesque terrace with views across the city. The Blue Hotel has non-smoking rooms and serves a full continental breakfast each morning.
Special Features at the Blue Hotel, Eilat:
- You can rent bicycles from the Blue Hotel and they can help arrange water sport activities, diving excursions and lessons at discount rates.
- Kids under 2 years old stay for free, a second child under 2 years pays $5 and kids aged 2 to 12 years pay 50% when on an extra bed in the parent’s room.
- Diving packages are available which include half-board, accommodation, guided off shore dives, airport transfers and entrance to the Dolphin Reef.
- Guests at the Blue Hotel Eilat get discount entrance to the Dolphin Reef and the Reef Group Diving Centers.
- Guests under 21 years old must be accompanied by someone over 21 but this doesn’t apply to soldiers.
- There are double, twin and triple rooms.
This cheap Eilat hotel suits those on a tight budget, divers, young travelers, groups of travelers and even families on a budget who need kids to be in the same room with them.